Margaret Ann Keaton, Psy.D.
Director of Student Services and Assistant Professor (2007)
University of Indianapolis, 2006
Child and Adolescent Development
Clinical and Research Interests
- Forensic psychology
- Forensic psychodiagnostic assessment
- Conduct disorder and personality disorders
- Juvenile delinquency
- Psychology and the law
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Forensic Psychology: Criminal Minds
- Forensic Psychology: Law Enforcement
- Forensic Psychology: Criminal Behavior
- Brain and Behavior
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Psychopathology of Crime
- Violence and Aggression in Adolescence
- Forensic Mental Health Assessment of Adolescents
- Advanced Psychopathology
- Plainfield Juvenile Correctional Facility
- LaRue Carter Psychiatric Hospital
- Indiana Women's Prison
- Quinco Behavioral Health Systems
- Co-Director of the Ruthann Popcheff Memorial Fund--works closely with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department's Victim Assistance Program
- 2010 Outstanding Teacher School of Psychological Sciences
- 2010 University of Indianapolis Teacher of the Year Finalist
- 2010 Faculty Achievement Award School of Psychological Sciences
- Voted 2007 Faculty Member of the Year by the students and staff of the University of Indianapolis School for Adult Learning
- Keaton, M. & Lee, A. (2011). Capital Punishment and the Brutalization Effect. American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry. 22, 1.
- Keaton, M.A. (2008). "Personality disorder conceptualization in serial murder: A methodological critique and proposal". American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry, Vol. 29, No. 1, 31-46.
- Keaton, M. (May 22, 2012). The Impact of Domestic Violence on Adolescent Brain Development. 14th Annual Psychotherapy Conference, Athens, Greece.
- Keaton, M. (February 25, 2012). Adolescent Brain Development. Elkhart County Judicial System Child Summit at the Goshen Convention Center, Goshen, IN.
- Keaton, M. (November 1, 2011). Adolescent Brain Development. The Indiana Judicial System Annual Conference at the Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (November 1, 2011). The Psychology of Serial Murder. The University of Indianapolis Psychology Club monthly meeting, Indianapolis, IN.
- Lee, A. & Keaton, M.(November 2010). Capital Punishment and the Brutalization Effect. Research poster session presented at Indiana Psychological Association Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (October 5, 2010). Criminal Mind: The Early Years. The University of Indianapolis Psychology Club monthly meeting, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (December 1, 2009). Forensic Psychology: What is It? The University of Indianapolis Psychology Club monthly meeting, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (July, 1999). Teaming Up to Mentor. The Indiana Department of Corrections Probation Officers' monthly meeting, Indianapolis, IN.
- Jarpoura, R. & Keaton, M. (April, 1999). The A.I.M. Project--Changing Attitudes Through Mentoring, the Indiana Correctional Association East and West Central Spring Conference, Brown County, IN.
- Jarpoura, R. & Keaton, M. (February, 1999). Mentoring for Smooth Transitions Back into Society, Department of Corrections Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (April, 1998). Saving Our Children, Indianapolis Police Department's National Victim Rights Awareness ceremony.
- Keaton, M. & Christenberry, T. (April, 2010). STOPS (Stakeholders Take on Personal Safety) Workshop for students, faculty and staff for LP credit, University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (October 5, 2009). Teenage Anger Management. Series of seven sessions presented throughout the day to North Central High School students, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (October 6, 2009). Tips for Studying and Taking Tests. Presented to Univeristy of Indianapolis undergraduates for LP credit, Indianapolis, IN.
- Keaton, M. (August 29, 2006). Childhood Sexual Abuse. Quinco Behavioral Health Systems' Mental Health Staff Training Workshop, Columbus, IN.
- Keaton, M. (July 21, 2006). Introduction to Forensic Psychology and Victimology. Quinco Behavioral Health Systems' Clinical Staff Training Seminar, Columbus, IN.
- Keaton, M. (December, 2003, March, 2004, May, 2004, September, 2004, January, 2005, April, 2005). Anger and Stress Management. The Indiana Women's Prison Transition Program, Indianapolis, IN.